Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Caroline's Bedroom

Have you ever realized that bedrooms usually reflect the personality of the person living in it?

 

When someone first walks into my bedroom, it feels so bland and boring. All you see are blank white walls. Then you start seeing colors. The color of the bedspread, the color of the many pillows, color of the many pens scattered across the desk, the color of the light shining in through the huge window, the colors from the photo frames placed next to the bed. My bed is in the middle of the room, against one wall. It is King sized and I usually have some shade of blue for the sheets. Next to my bed is a bed table with two drawers. On my bed table I have photographs of my family and myself. I also have fake flowers in a pot on it. I also keep random papers and such on the desk. Inside the drawers I have some Harry Potter books. I also have a bunch of gifts given to me inside there, and birthday cards.

I have a closet made of wood along another side of the wall and it has four doors. There are two doors in the middle and one on each side. When you fling open the closet doors, you see my clothes, arranged neatly in colored order. Opposite that wall with the closets, I have a huge window that overlooks an Olympic-sized soccer field. Every night, when I look out my window, I can see the stadium lights that brighten the field for the many soccer players that have matches. In front of the window is a white desk from IKEA that I had put there “temporarily” 2 years ago but never bothered to move. On my desk is a pile of papers strewn across the surface of the smooth white desk. I have many pens of every color that are tumbling out of the pen holder resting on the corner of the desk. Next to that desk is a sofa chair. Sometimes, I pile random papers from my schoolbag onto it. I also have shopping bags underneath that chair, just piling up. Not exactly junk, but something I can’t bear to throw away. I have a black rolling chair in front of my desk and it’s really comfortable. Another wall is blank except for a whiteboard where I write down what I plan to do (schedule), the date, homework assignments, etc.  A lot of the times, my whiteboard is filled with a drawing of something encouraging, such as a yellow happy face.

If someone were to describe me from what my room looks like, they would think I was unorganized and messy. That is what describes me. I am messy, but inside, I know where each and every little thing lays. Just because my room looks bland and boring, it isn’t. I have many colors splashed throughout my room in random places. That’s me, always coming up with unexpected things, at random times.

No comments:

Post a Comment