Friday, July 24, 2009

Passion

Passion is a thing that brings out the best in us. It evokes emotion and allows us to feel. Everyone should have something they are passionate about.

Passion is important for balance in everyday life. We all do what we have to do, but what about what we want to do? Sometimes we want to do things that are fun for the sake of them being fun and those are the things that are the roots of happiness.

I feel without passion we are little more than robots just alive to consume, complete a task, and repeat. But with a passion we can go from sad or depressed to happy and engaged. That little thing can give a person purpose so instead of just going to a job, coming back, eating and sleeping, and buying things for cheap thrills. Passion is something to be exited about or to look forward to. I have writing words and stories that take me to places far beyond my own.

Words can take me out of my rut they can let me explore recess of my mind that I could never just speak of or think about they create a different world, one that is told to me through my mind which I then shape and form to my liking. My words let me feel in ways that my routine days don’t let me.

If someone doesn’t have passion, like writing is for me, I feel sorry for them. I remember what it was like to just do things because it was not an option to do nothing. But even now as these words flow so much better on this subject than any of the previous ones I tried writing this column on. I can’t help but feel happy. A feeling, which is much more gratifying than bored necessity with which I wrote on other subjects. That feeling of bored necessity expands to everyone without passion. To be passionate about something is to be whole.

Anyone who has a television knows it is possible to lose hours to it. But when I do I rarely find myself truly happy or entertained I barely feel anything at all. It is just something to fill the time. When I write though, I find myself happy and at feeling something.        

There are those who say they are happy with their routine that it is all they need. But they are lying, routine inherently lacks excitement or things that evoke emotion, it’s just the nature of routine. Others think they have no passion, and that their life is depressing. It’s not true. Everyone has something we just need to find it. I feel lucky that I found it early in life.

Passion is not always hard to find just try something new. Pursue a lifelong dream or try something you have wanted to do. Go with friends when they do something that gives them joy, just get out and do it. 

Regardless of whether its running, music or writing. We all need a passion to entertain us like a radio on the road trip of life. 

- Alexander Escobedo

No comments:

Post a Comment