Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Make a Wish

A star glistens in the dark sky. It is the first star I see of the night. We all know the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.” This song talks about a star being high up in the sky and wondering how it is. It also uses similes saying it is like a diamond, diamond – shaped, that is. So when I see that first single star in the sky, I make a wish. I wish with all my heart and put a lot of thought into it. I take my time to ensure that the wish that I am wishing at this moment is a good and genuine wish. It is such a beautiful sight.

            A phrase that also relates to stars and making wishes would be “I wish I may, I wish I might, the first star I see tonight.” Some like to start with this, others do not. It’s all about what you prefer not about what anyone else prefers. The first thing I do when I see that first star appear is to make a wish! It doesn’t matter if it is playful or if it is serious. It doesn’t matter if the wish relates to you or a friend. All that matters is that you like it.

Stars appear one by one eventually lighting up the whole sky. The sky is no longer dark and gloomy. It looks bright and hopeful. I am hopeful when I make a wish on that first star I see. I am hopeful that one day in the near future my wish will come true. I make a different wish for every first star I see. I usually change it and roam amongst ideas in my head. Variety and diversity is always good. Good for me, good for you, good for everybody. Don’t stick to just one wish. Making only one same wish may seem you’re very devoted and determined, but in my opinion, I believe it is better to make multiple wishes and have some of those come true than to make the same one wish each and every time and have that never ever come true.

            Sometimes I wish about the future. Sometimes about the present or even the past. I like to wish that I get into the college of my choice and that I will hopefully soon figure out what career I would like to follow. I wish that my boyfriend and I of nine months will keep strong. He is a freshman in college whereas I am a senior in high school. Therefore, we will have a long distance relationship. I wish that we won’t come across too many arguments or fights. 

            I wish that my family will have a good time with whatever they pursue. That we will all get along and help each other with whatever needs attention. I hope for the best for my mom and for my sister and younger siblings. I hope that they do well in school and at work.

            When I see that star in the sky I make wishes that will help for a lifetime. Wishes give insights of hope and things that you never think may be possible. I sit in my room with the lights turned off, look out the open window and make a wish on that very first star. A big ball of fire, or a micro ball of fire, it doesn’t matter at all. Make wishes and it’ll make life better. It’s kind of like making a wish when you blow out your birthday candles or when it is 11:11. But don’t ever expect a wish to come true. These things take time. You may believe in it, you may not. Some think it is childish, but others strongly disagree. It all depends on who you are and what kind of person you may be.

- Juanita Pha

No comments:

Post a Comment